Lost when it comes to chord symbols?
Not sure how to improvise through the chord changes for your sax solo?
Understanding the harmony of a song helps you understand the environment of the music. It helps you fit into the changes and create tension and beauty.
Not knowing the changes can make your solo sound awkward and out of place.
Introducing: Navigating Chord Changes
Navigating Chord Changes is a system to understand the harmony of songs and how to play over changes.
Understanding the changes will make you more comfortable and confident as you take a solo.
What’s in Navigating Chord Changes?
In this class you will get:
- Intro to my approach
- Playing over a tune, Sponge
- What is a chord?
- The four main chords in jazz
- What are the intervals within one octave?
- How do you count intervals?
- What are Modes and how do you use them?
- What fake books are good for (and what they’re not good for)
- What symbols will you most commonly see in jazz and popular music chord changes?
- What is a Chord Progression?
- Example: 12 Bar Blues
- Example: AABA
- Chord Movements
- Developing a Vocabulary
- Breaking down the Sponge Changes
- Approaching a dominant chord
- “What scales do I actually need to practice?”
- Creating Tension with Chords
- A few more useful scales
- Playing over Autumn Leaves
Yes, you can make a payment using your credit card on Paypal without a Paypal account. We accept all major credit cards.
You can also send a check upon request.
Yes, there is a 30-Day Guarantee
|Navigating Chord Changes for Saxophone||Book Only||Regular||Premium|
|Written Course Lessons|
|Implementation exercises for each section|
|Systematic path to working on changes|
|Feedback on a recording ($20 value)|
|Request help with the changes of a song of your choice ($15 value!)|